Friday, December 21, 2007

We Don't Know Who They Are, But We Don't Like Them

They say that in Chinese, the word for crisis is composed of "danger" and "opportunity". As usual, they're at least wrong, if not outright lying. Or maybe I'm thinking of Thomas Edison who might have said, "Problems are really opportunities."Unless it was someone else Whoever, I wish they'd been trying to find a way to deal with boxes of Harry and David's fruit and their insane "Protect From Freezing" demand. I'm pretty sure that the Marquis de Sade wrote that. It's pears! We have grocery stores up here now; what does it say when you send someone pears? "I think you're too lazy to get up off the couch and buy some fruit,"?
I ended up calling my supervisor this afternoon and telling him that he didn't have to feel sorry for me, but that I felt terrible having to tell him that I wasn't going to be done on time.
Also today, I got a present from one of my customers, a book about an adventurous bike rider. The blurb says it's by a 12 year old boy trapped in a man's body. I said to Karen and Leah, "A retarded bike rider, it's like I've got a twin," but then I realized they just meant he was adventurous and like that. "An adventurous bike rider, it's like I don't have a twin."

No comments:

Post a Comment