Monday, May 07, 2007

Truth in Labeling

Sunday afternoon was a perfect day for a ride, but instead we spent time sprucing up the yard. That's sort of a funny phrase when you consider that one of the first things we did when we bought the house was cut down all the spruce trees. I cleaned the deck with the Oxyclean product we use in our laundry. It said on the label that it could be used on untreated wood. The reason, it turns out, that it says that is because, just like the label also says, it's a stain remover. So, as I hosed and swept, all the stain (and paint) came right off the deck.
Homer Simpson asked once, "Why does everything have to be so hard?" Why is it that I can stain my shirt, but not my deck?
Last summer, Leah bought a new bicycle. She hadn't ridden in a while so she was sort of tentative. They would bring out a bike for her to try and she'd say it was too big. She finally settled on one, and after they took the training wheels off we took it home. This summer, though, when we go for rides together, it turns out that the bike is too small for her. The good news in all this is that since I seem to be unable to get a better body for the Hardly Davidsons, I may give Leah mine and buy a better bike for myself. Or not, I really love my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment