Monday, August 04, 2008

I Guess Imelda Marcos Now Manages the Post Office

You know how sometimes you have to "wait for the other shoe to fall"? Apparently the Postal Service has invested in one of those carnival pitching machines to just hurl shoes at us constantly. This morning our letter trays were scattered around in no order, although that was more of a sandal than a shoe, but then, I had a conference on the next set of adjustments in store for my route. I was exhilarated at the proposed changes, and that thrill lasted all the way from the meeting to the garage where I heard that starting next week we will have machines sorting even more of our mail. Do you remember me saying that having to carry a third bundle of mail is difficult and time consuming? Every day from now on.
When, and if, it happens, I'll probably have a guest poster to describe it; Dante, if he's available.

No comments:

Post a Comment