Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In Grade School I Was Julianne Moore

“In grade school, I was a complete geek. You know, there's always the kid who's too short, the kid who wears glasses, the kid who's not athletic. Well, I was all three.”
Julianne Moore

Yesterday I went to the Blood Bank and topped off my sixth gallon. They've revamped the process so you no longer have to go into a small office with a woman who asks you embarrassing questions. They were embarrassing partly because of their subject, and partly because they revealed that you (and when I say "you" here, I mean me) never went anywhere or did anything. Anyway, now she just takes your vitals. When she took my pulse yesterday, she said, "That's kind of low, but, oh, you're athletic,"
I said, "That's going in the blog,"
The 39 year old genuinely athletic David Hart was in the paper recently for winning a solo 24 hour race. When someone on my route asked me today if that was me, I said not only did I win, but I shaved 14 years off my age, a personal best.

No comments:

Post a Comment