Monday, June 18, 2007

Consumed by Lust

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Last night Ambre (she didn't have a date) and I looked at the Bikes Direct website and dreamed about new bikes. Today, the webikes people e-mailed me links to a couple of Bikes Direct bikes to look at and one of them was the one that Ambre and I thought was perfect for me! Alas, just when I had rationalized spending the money for a new bike, I found out that they charge an extra $150.00 to ship to Alaska (achieved statehood 48 years ago). So I started this post to talk about how the lust for things to consume, consumes us blah blah blah. I want a new bike and it irritates me that they charge Alaskans and Hawaiians so much just because we live in a place they can only dream about back in the la-di-dah Continental United States.

But while I was painting and peeling (kind of like a hobby if pushing boulders up hills is a hobby) just now, my amazing rationalization powers kicked in once again, and I realized that the webikes people had included that in their ballpark figure.
Still irritating, though. Especially since I've already told Karen how affordable the bike would be and now they've added half the price of a new recliner to the cost. Hmm, maybe my power isn't all that amazing since the longer I type this post, the more irritated and depressed I get about the bike. James had this to say,
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

That's why he's Saint James, I guess because secretly I still want a bike right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment