Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How's That Hopey Changey Thing Working Out? I'll Tell You!

I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"
I said to him

You can't always get what you want, no!
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want (no)
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need~Jagger/Richards
I was in favor of a single payer system for health care before I found out I'd be the single payer. I went to fill prescriptions for Karen yesterday. I had to wait an hour at the pharmacy even though I had dropped the prescriptions off earlier. When they rang it up, it was $700.
In the meantime, Karen was at the dentist. They were finishing up some $1500 worth of work that was supposed to be reimbursed (with my money!) from our FSA, but the FSA said they needed more information before they could give me MY money.

I'm pretty cranky about this, and if you were here, I could tell the story with a lot of hand waving and stuff, but ah, what's the point. How about this, though? I always thought Mick Jagger was saying, "My fever, flavored, cherry red" Isn't that a much better line?

No comments:

Post a Comment