Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Don't Throw Me In The Briar Patch"

Of course, I always believe whatever the last person told me, but Virginia's Attorney General made a case for why this new health care bill is unconstitutional ("You cannot compel someone to buy something from someone else.") and right after it passed share prices for our  Br'er Rabbit health insurance companies went up.
Okay, we've gotten that out of our system; now can we pass a single payer system?  And just like they attached school loan legislation to this bill, can we finally start using the metric system? It's powers of ten, people.

Here's some real health care news. I've been touting the benefits of mega-doses of vitamin D to build healthy bones. Apparently, some of the extra calcium that's absorbed goes into making plaque for arteries hastening atherosclerosis, especially in black people, or maybe only in black people, I don't know. Maybe you shouldn't be taking Vitamin D, you certainly shouldn't be taking medical advice from a mailman. I mean, at first, I thought plaques for arteries was kind of cool, like you could hang one that says "World's Greatest Aorta".

No comments:

Post a Comment