Friday, March 19, 2010

Dogs Of The World Unite, You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Chains. Oh, Too Late.

A few years ago, Anchorage dog owners formed a pack to push for off-leash parks, and they were successful. Like most human endeavors, it turned out to be a complete waste of time.  A couple of days ago, Leah and I took a couple of dogs for a walk on the on-leash trails near our house. Every dog within a mile came over to sniff us, and look at the leashes as an artifact of their former subjugation by human masters. The so-called masters, though, were skiing away, oblivious, oblivious to their dogs, and to everything except their quest to use their skiing technique to inconvenience as many people on the trails as they could at one time.
It's been a long time since I was a bouncing baby boy, but the good news is, I can still bounce. I slipped and fell on an icy driveway yesterday, and managed to bruise the front and back of my leg.
But now, since it's obvious that I've become just another curmudgeon, you can imagine how heroic this man appears to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment