Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adam Smith Lives, My Computer Dies

According to the headline in the Wall Street Journal, as home prices have plunged, sales are ticking back up. Whether it was credit default swaps, or no-proof-of-income loans, that drove prices up, the fundamental laws of supply and demand weren't repealed. When houses were unaffordable, people didn't, couldn't, buy them. If the prices come down, people will buy them.
Folks with an interest in a bail out plan may not want to hear this. The truth hurts, that's why they say it's hard to tell fact from friction.

My laptop has been turning itself off lately. I took it in to the shop to be looked at. They called back today to tell me it's terminal. That's what computer guys think is funny. Well, okay, they didn't really say that, but that's what I'd say if I was a computer repairman.

No comments:

Post a Comment