Thursday, October 04, 2007

Potter Postscript

After our ride last night along Potter's Marsh, Rich and I went to Mumbo Gumbo to check out rumors that it had finally closed. Like early reports of Mark Twain's death, these reports were premature. I watched Rich eat his first meal there. Pamela, the owner came out and asked why I wasn't eating. I explained that her biscuits were so powerfully addicting that if I let myself get started with them without the proper safeguards in place I would end up in a gutter with crumbs dribbling off my chin.
The takeaway, or rather, takeout message is Mumbo Gumbo lives and if you live in or near Anchorage, I urge you to support your local Gullah restaurant.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope people do at least until Jan so I can have some more of those biscuits!!!!! I wish there was some other way to get the info out there. Can you write a letter to the editor?

    ReplyDelete