Saturday, January 27, 2007

To the Depressive, All Things are Depressing

We've had a warm spell recently. The snow on my customer's roofs is melting and some truly huge icicles are forming. Walking under their eaves, I feel like the Mailman of Damocles.

I was thinking that we need an exchange rate for petty irritations. Just as the Euro closed at 1.3 dollars (totally made up value), there should be a way to exchange a certain number of petty irritations for one towering rage. To that end, I began enumerating all my petty irritations today.
  • Double the normal volume of Delivery Point Sequenced mail (DPS is mail sorted by computer into delivery order.)
  • The fact that it wasn't in delivery order.
  • Too much snow, of course.
  • Karen's pain care coordinator who doesn't
There were more, but then I realized that some really were petty and anyway, as the song says, we're supposed to count our many blessings, name them one by one. I didn't really want to, so that made me feel bad about myself.
As Paul doesn't say in 1 Corinthians 6:12 in the KJV to me, all things are awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment