Tuesday, October 22, 2013

But Still No Flying Cars

So, Apple changed their podcast handling, and I adjusted with an app that works but not as well as what I had. Google closed Reader, and I switched to Feedly; good, but not as good. Now, iGoogle, is closing and I'll try to cobble something together to replace it.
When I was a kid, I read Enchanted Village by A. E. Van Vogt. In it, a stranded astronaut is trapped in an abandoned alien village that is trying to adjust itself to feed and shelter him. In the end, spoiler alert, he thinks it has adjusted to him, but in reality, he has adjusted to it, he's become an alien. I read that before I knew what metaphor meant, or that we would all be living in an alien village with big snouts and long tails of discarded apps and flip phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment