Monday, April 06, 2009

Don't Bother Looking Both Ways; You'll See This One Coming a Mile Away

Every day, he says, some of us get dressed, kiss our families goodbye, walk out the door and get run over by cement trucks.

I don't understand why a country that can convince us that they put a man on the moon can't find these cement trucks and stop them.
That reminds me of one of my favorite riddles from when I was a kid:
Mike: What's black and white and read all over and full of concrete?
Ike: I don't know, what?
Mike: A newspaper, I just put the concrete in to make it harder.

That reminds me of some other hoary old jokes.
Take the spoon out of the bowl.
You have a broken finger.
I'm smuggling wheelbarrows.
Don't be silly, I have three friends in the car.
And, finally, my mom's favorite joke, I don't care what it's been, I want to know what it is now.

2 comments:

  1. omg, I can't believe you posted that article. More importantly. I can't believe I got as far as the pierced the sternum part. I think I am going to be sick. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure that's the survivor attitude.

    ReplyDelete