Thursday, March 05, 2009

Of Course, If You're Really Old, There's Not That Much Future To Fear

As an old, old man, Trout would be asked by Dr. Thor Lembrig the Secretary-General of the United Nations, if he feared the future. He would give this reply:
"Mr. Secretary-General, it is the past which scares the bejesus out of me."~from Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut


I don't want to spoil anyone's fun, but I just don't think rape is entertaining. That makes it almost impossible to watch Criminal Minds on CBS, or at least it did this week. While Karen watched it, I went back and surfed around on the computer. iTunes (which I see now is impossible to start a sentence with) has a section called "Essentials". In that section besides genres, and artists, they also have the seminal tracks by year. In no time at all, I was back in junior high.

No comments:

Post a Comment