Thursday, April 10, 2008

“Nature has no mercy at all. Nature says, "I'm going to snow. If you have on a bikini and no snowshoes, that's tough. I am going to snow anyway."”

That Maya Angelou quote has almost nothing to do with this post, except they both contain the word snow. Oh, seeing the word "contain" reminds me, I meant to say, doesn't the letter "C" seem like an English-speakers' affectation? It's sort of like showing off. "We have so many letters we have extras we don't even need. De todas formas,
According to a phone book I read as a kid, Anchorage sits on a broad alluvial plain. On one side is Cook Inlet. To the east, on the opposite side of the city from the water is the front range of the Chugach Mountains. The weather is usually much more extreme near the mountains and milder near the water. The official weather station for the city is very close to the water. Given the wildly varying snow totals from yesterday's storm, I'm wondering if the snow gauge is inside the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment