Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Let a Smile Be Your Snow Shovel, You Cock-Eyed Optimist

If it's true that over time, stock markets rise, the standard of living and longevity go up, while the price of ever better technology goes down (I'm typing this on my phone) then pessimists must always be disappointed. And we are.
For example, I've got time to type this on my phone because we're waiting for the doctor who ditched us on Friday, my day off. Because the latest appointment they'll make is half past three (it's half past instead of 3:30 because I couldn't find the colon, obviously I have now, but the semicolon is still missing) I had to take time off from work to sit here; here, where it's well after 4.
For another thing it's snowing.
Okay, now I'm home; the doctor finally did come in. She did some stuff, then I asked what she had done to support our appeal. She said, "This is the first I've heard of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment