Friday, September 28, 2007

More Stories With the Word "Dog" in Them

Part I
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, and maybe they're right. I was too embarrassed to tell you last night, but as I rode up our driveway, I couldn't unclip and once again, I fell right over. Since today I felt a dog motif developing, I thought I 'd have to mention it. They also say things are as easy as falling off a bike, and boy howdy, that's pretty easy.
Part II
A story we tell in our family has my Uncle Art saying to me when I was about three, "You know you love me, David." and me responding, "Then why am I kicking you?"
I have a little dog on my route that barks and barks at me when he's in the house, but he's always been friendly when he's out. Today, he was out on a walk with his owner. He was barking and barking at me, but I walked over to him and said, "You know you love me, Theo." and he jumped up and bit me.
In a way it was a relief. I knew I'd probably get a post out of it.To paraphrase the GEICO gecko, you have no idea the pressure I feel to get these posts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment