Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

In this post, I'll play the part of the lump. When we were on vacation last month, I expected to gain some weight. After all, I left a food convention just long enough to go to a buffet. What had surprised me, though, was how slowly I was losing the weight since we returned home. Last night while I was eating a carefully measured meal, I glanced at a copy of Health Magazine that someone had left on the table. They were extolling nutritional yeast instead of salt on popcorn. I felt, as I so often do, smug, since I not only use yeast on popcorn, but I have been burying baked potatoes in it as well, sometimes two potatoes at once interred in a thick layer of tasty yellow goodness. Well not for nothing do Jesus and Paul warn us against leaven. The article went on to say that yeast has only 30 calories per tablespoon, which translates (in the NIV)into 30 calories per bite the way I've been eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment