Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mismanagement And Grief: We Must Suffer Them All Again. -W.H. Auden

Life is like a badly designed video game. It needs an "Undo" button, but instead you get trapped on the same level forever. A level that, in my case, includes a still dripping water heater and arguing with my credit union about fraudulent charges on my card. They did credit my account last month, but the merchant claims it was a real charge, and so here we go again. The letter from the credit union included the documentation the eBay seller included to support their claim of authenticity. Apparently they think
I'm a Chinese man living in Milwaukee buying an iPad mini using an eBay ID that I don't have access to. I'm arguing that I'm not any of those things, but I guess that's just what I would say.

No wonder the zombie movie has made a come back; like rough beasts, so we shamble on against the current, lost in a haunted wood, warming the frozen swamp as best we can with the slow smokeless burning of decay.

Sources misused, then mangled, in the production of this post, available upon request.

No comments:

Post a Comment