Saturday, July 24, 2010

How Fallen Are The Mighty

"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; 
I will make myself like the Most High."
But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

Believers are called to deny themselves and honor God, so that passage from Isaiah with its repetition of the word, "I" is used to show the fallen mindset, and its consequences. But that was all so long ago, we're not like that now. Except, I was listening to an alphabetical playlist the other day, waiting for the song Jailhouse Tears and it took forever to get to. From I Feel Fine to I'm on Fire took a lifetime, and looking at the titles, we see that it still always ends up the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment