Thursday, February 20, 2014

Coincidence That The States That Make It Hardest To Unionize Are The Same Ones That Didn’t Want To End Slavery?

Hah, fooled you, this post doesn't have anything to do with unions, unless you think of the borg as a union in a non right to work state. Which I didn't think of till after I typed that so this post is full of surprises, mostly for me.
I don't have very many strong beliefs anymore, but I do think that Facebook is pretty evil. Much worse than say, the borg, because I can totally understand how they happened: who wouldn't want their tech devices implanted, and then who would be surprised when one thing led to another? Oh my gosh, as I typed this, I just realized that the "another" (being a total mind meld and the loss of privacy) in the last sentence was the logical outcome of Facebook's over-sharing and misuse of people's data. So, yeah, the borg are what would happen if Facebook, Google and Microsoft merged to distribute Apple products. All of which is a long way to go to mention that I'll be closing my What'sApp account (if that's even possible) now that they have been assimilated into the Facebook collective.
Yesterday was Love Your Pet Day, and so to honor two pets I loved, and in a shout-out to both vegans and cat lovers:
The fact that pets always break your heart has taught me that you shouldn't have pets, but sadly, the rest of the people in the house have learned the exact opposite lesson, i.e., if pets are going to die and break your heart, you need to stock up.

No comments:

Post a Comment