Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bridal And Bridle: Homonyms Or Synonyms? A Post In Which A Biblical Prophecy Comes True


Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.  James 1:26
Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.
James 3:4-6 
 Yesterday's garage sale was slow. How slow? I could have been a man sitting alone in a dim garage, or a troll under a bridge, who could tell?
And, awkward segue, speaking of telling, I don't always appreciate how lucky I am that I am never allowed to finish sentences here.  My customers, no matter how they feel about it, don't react to the sound of my voice by instantly starting to talk over me. Their loss. I got a call last night from a family on my route.  At some point, I must have told a story, no, I must have finished telling a story,  about removing stumps by soaking them in gasoline which allows the infused roots to burn when the tree is set alight. They sent me a picture of the ensuing conflagration.

No comments:

Post a Comment