Monday, November 15, 2010

Out Of The Inky Darkness


E-inky darkness, that is. Hot on the heels of my abortive attempt to upgrade Quicken, was an attempt to download books from Barnes and Noble. But, the B&N e-reader, that venerable exemplar of good design has been discontinued, and as an example of bad manners; discontinued with no notice. To continue to buy e-books from them I will have to "upgrade" to the Nook for iPhone app which has none of the features that made the old reader so good. Get that? They're taking away my incentive to give them money
Do you remember a couple of years ago when we were lavishly rewarding the various companies that had almost destroyed the economy? And some people said that there was a moral hazard when good things happened to bad companies?  Well, here we are. The masks are coming off. I'm sure that pretty soon somebody will write a book about it. You'll have to let me know if that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment