Monday, October 06, 2008

"She's No Fun, She Fell Right Over"

 Today was the first day in almost 2 months that Karen was to be left alone for a short time during the hours that Leah and I would both be at work. While I was getting ready, she was using her walker, when she appeared to swoon and then topple over. I was there, and caught her and helped her back to a chair where she could sit down and then I called in.
She claims she's dizzy from a sinus/ear thing, and asked for Sudafed yesterday. I don't know when the last time you bought Sudafed was, but as an ingredient in meth, it's  pretty strictly regulated. I tried to buy her some, but the pharmacy at Safeway was out. This morning I went to a different pharmacy. I'm sure I looked a little sketchy standing there when they unlocked the door at 9am, needing a prescription for pain meds and a box of Sudafed.

No comments:

Post a Comment