Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Most Of My Facebook Posts And Comments From The Last 18 Hours

I posted this when I first got home from working at the polling place:Oh look, I have a bottle of wine. And a remote to mute the TV. Because I don't want to listen to or think about the fact that I live in a country that elects the candidate that was endorsed by both the Klan AND the Nazis. Good night everyone.
Response to a comment: Right? We could have just skipped WW II if we're going to ELECT fascists.

I went to bed, but I couldn’t really sleep due to a combination of rage and despair so I posted:“I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black”
Response from Dave Oberg: Do You mean black as clean, clean coal?

My response to a post allowing that Trump would be moderated by the GOP Congresspeople that are "horrified by him":
Not so horrified that they unendorsed him. The next time they vote to repeal the ACA, it's gone; gut the VRA, done; sell fully automatic weapons in school lunchrooms, don't mind if I do; confirm troglodyte Justices, before lunch.
My response to the idea that not all Trump supporters are bigots: I'm not a bigot, I support the candidate endorsed by the Klan and the Nazis for completely unbigoted reasons. His supporters are Klan members, Nazis and, I assume, some good people.

Response to the question, “How did Margaret Stock Do?": 
She came in third. It turns out that it's hard to overcome millions of dollars of corporate PAC money with a bunch of scrappy amateurs. I guess we should have been scrappier.

Finally, for the moment, I posted:
Here’s another reason we need to adopt a change to our first past the post system* of voting; the Sweet Meteor of Death wasn't even on my ballot and I certainly would have picked that 5th before Trump. Anyway, it's always darkest before the dawn, which is an old bromide that assumes science-y things like planetary rotation that we don't need in our new post-fact society.
*Apparently Maine did that last night. One down, forty-nine to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment