Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just Some People and Then, (Don't) Do the Math

I was as excited as tired people get when I got back to the post office this afternoon after doing my route because a lot of people were driving away and I thought that soon I could do that too, but no, they were just some people, and there was a hand-off waiting for me, and it was another eleven and a half hour day, which is starting to seem like a lot for a guy my age (for extra credit you can diagram this sentence). To show how ridiculous the situation has become, the post office was paying our station's shop steward penalty overtime this evening to file grievances regarding penalty overtime.

Speaking of a guy my age (me, in fact) I realized the other day that I'm now closer to seventy than forty, and I'm starting to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment