Monday, August 10, 2009

I Look Like I Had More Than Just One More Piece of Cake

This is the Pauline Year, celebrating two thousand years since the birth of the Apostle Paul. Near the end of his life, he said, "For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race..."
I expected to be at the end of my career just now, but instead I believe I'll have another piece of Cake;
The fans get up and they get out of town.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps, whenever you do finally go the distance, you can school your Boston-based daughter on music. Just the other day, she asked, "Is Pat Benatar a man or a woman?" She was so innocent and sincere that I almost felt bad when I spent the next half hour teasing her. Kudos to you on the Cake reference.

    ReplyDelete