Sunday, June 17, 2018

It's Father's Day, Hug 'em If You Gottem

Fathers Day is a family kind of day, so I wrote my Senators about a family values issue. You still can, too. Here's what I wrote: I wrote to you recently to ask you to do something to end the cruel practice of separating children from their parents at the border. At the time, I wasn't sure what you could do, but now there is a bill that you can support that does just that. It is disappointing, but not surprising given the events of the last few years, that not one Republican so far has supported it. The Keep Families Together Act was developed in consultation with child welfare experts to ensure the federal government is acting in the best interest of children. The bill is supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics, Kids In Need of Defense (KIND), Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA), Children’s Law Center, Young Center for Immigrant Rights and the Women's Refugee Commission. I am writing to you now to ask you to stand with families and the people that support family values by supporting this bill. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment