Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I put on my bib bike shorts today. They're the ones that look like something Russian weightlifters might wear, if Russian weightlifters routinely wear diapers.
The shorts have logged many miles over the last few years, hanging as they have on my bathroom door. Of course, they're spandex, but even so they seemed a little tight since I last wore them in 2010. I was in them for an hour or so, and the cushioning effect was really noticeable, but I think a big part of that was because I was sitting on the couch waiting for the team to get ready. By the time they did, the moment had passed for me and I put on pajamas instead.
Still, equipment familiarization is important and now I know how to crawl into the shorts and also how disgusting using a restroom is going to be since access to that area of the, equipment, as it were, is going to involve taking off everything except my socks and simultaneously keeping straps up off the floor. To be honest, I'm surprised that weightlifting doesn't involve more spontaneous outbursts, if you will, although that could be what all that padding is there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment