Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Zombie Apocalypse Is Like Charity: It Starts At Home

Today, as I was helping Karen get dressed, she said, "When you retire, we should write a book about living with RSD to help other people." I told her that I didn't really have any good advice, but maybe I do.
I recently read an article from NPR, and an e-book from a New York Times health reporter called A World of  Hurt. Here's an excerpt from the book,
"Instead of helping patients resume active lives, the widespread use of these drugs, experts say, has created a nationwide legion of listless, narcotized zombies. Recent findings have tied the long-term use of narcotic painkillers, particularly at high doses, to addiction, psychological dependence, reduced sexual drive, extreme lethargy and sleep apnea as well as increased falls and fractures in the elderly." 
So, yeah, my advice would be, if you're in pain, take two aspirin and don't call your doctor in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment