Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Why My iPhone Is Better Than Real Life

I'm trying out Apple's new "Do Not Disturb" function for iPhones. When it's enabled, the phone won't ring, and alerts won't sound. It's a great way to keep the phone by my bed for alarm clock/flashlight purposes, but not have to hear if email or Words With Friends moves come in during the night. So when Ellie, the dog,  jumped on my chest in the middle of the night, I didn't fully awaken, I just said, "I said 'do not disturb.'" When I opened my mouth to say that, though, Ellie stuck her tongue in there, something my iPhone has never done.
Also in real life, I get that some people won't agree with me about politics, and they might vote for people I don't agree with, but in talking about Romney I get so frustrated with people who don't agree with him, but that are going to vote for him anyway because whatever he said this week about their single issue is what they strongly feel. But he will say anything, to anybody. And isn't it frightening that although he is behind right now in the polls, he's barely behind, in spite of running what even Republicans are calling a rolling calamity of a campaign?


No comments:

Post a Comment