Thursday, July 14, 2011

I've Been Meaning To Tell You

Last week we took a chocolate tour of Anchorage. Our tour guide started out by telling us that she'd lived in Anchorage for years, but that she'd grown up in Wasilla. I asked her if she knew Sarah Palin. She hesitated, then told us that Sarah Palin was her sister. Since Sarah (my Sarah, not Sarah Palin; Sarah Palin grew up in Wasilla) and I had both grown up in Anchorage, the tour was probably a little different than it would have been, since we spent a lot of time talking about things we'd done and seen, and eaten.  I told her that Sarah had provided Reese's Cups as an option instead of Hershey Bars for her s'mores, and how at least one person couldn't believe that nobody had thought of that before. I showed her a picture of Sarah's flag cake, and the picture I took of the signs in front of our house. She liked that one, and I sent it to her so she could share it with Sarah (Palin).
The tour included Modern Dwellers. For those of you in Anchorage, or coming to Anchorage, I can tell you it had delicious chocolate.  I bought a mocha. It was delicious, but it was also eight dollars, so I'm not sure I could afford to do that every day. Especially considering that I'm already wearing the largest uniform pants I own.  They're in the size known as clown pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment