Saturday, January 19, 2019

I Also WAY Overpaid For a PopSocket For Karen

We returned to our Yuma cottage (it's still a cottage even if it has wheels, right?) the other night and found the door unlocked. This was surprising since I had a definite memory of thinking about locking the door when we left. Also, I didn't have my keys. At first confidently, then more and more frantically I looked for them. I ransacked our sheds and my sister's car that we had been driving. I checked the same pants pockets over and over again as if I might surprise the keys into revealing themselves. In the morning I found them in front of the car. They wouldn't say where they'd been or what they'd been up to.
As a responsible key owner, I didn't want them to be off by themselves and for me not to have a way to contact them. So I went to Target and bought a couple of Tiles. Two, because my wallet had traveled from Boston to Phoenix on its own and, granted, it had a passport, I was uncomfortable not knowing where it was for a couple of days. Since then, the keys have been hanging on a hook by the door. That makes them easy to find, although it means I have no reason to use my phone to find them which is a little disappointing. Even more disappointing, we were at Sam's Club yesterday and they had four Tiles for just over half what I paid for two. For what I paid, my keys should be lost four times as often. I may have to start just tossing them out of car windows and then coming back later to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment